SCOPE OF OUR WORK
Over the last 9 years, Strategic Connections has collaborated and or established strategic partnerships with more than 500 development actors. Our operations extend across several countries in Africa. Such countries include: Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, Malawi, South Africa, Ghana, Somalia, Somaliland and Rwanda. We have also undertaken assignments in other countries such as the Netherlands and Myanmar.
Here below is a sample of the organizations with whom we have worked in the different countries:
- Kenya: The World Bank, Embassy of Sweden/ SIDA, Farm Africa, Diakonia, Kenya Airways, KCDF, Oxfam, HIVOS, ActionAid International, World Vision, Akiba Uhaki Foundation, UN Development group (UNDP, UNICEF, UNFPA WFP), East Africa Association of Grantmakers, Allavida, Urgent Action Fund-Africa, Danish Refugee Council, KEWASNET, Kenya WASH Alliance, Cordaid, PACIDA, International Institute for Rural Reconstruction (IIRR), Impulsis, Edukans Foundation, Skillshare International, Bethlehem Mission Immensee, SANA International, Catholic Archdiocese of Kisumu, KUAP Pandipieri, Anglican Development Services-Nakuru, Neighbours Initiative Alliance, RACIDA, PeaceNet Trust, Kenya Association of People with Epilepsy (KAWE), SOS Children Villages, East Africa Portland Cement Ltd, HIV Free Generation Kenya and Lake Victoria Basin Commission (East Africa Community).
- Tanzania: Foundation for Civil Society, SNV Netherlands, Actions for Development Programs, Ormame Ltd, The Christian Social Services Commission and Institute of Orkoronei Pastoralist Association (IOPA).
- Netherlands and Germany: The WASH Alliance International, ICCO Netherlands, SOS Kinderdorpen, Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS), Misereor and Wilde Ganzen.
- Malawi: Malawi Health Equity Network, World Servants, Church of Central Africa Presbyterian - Synod of Livingstonia and ASAP Malawi.
- Uganda: Uganda WASH Alliance, IIRR, Akiba Uhaki Foundation and CERFORD
- Somalia and Somaliland: Oxfam Novib, BBC Media Action, SADO, ASEP, Norwegian Church Aid and NAPADSomalia.
- Sudan and South Sudan: Trocaire, Government of South Sudan, Good Hope Africa Ltd, Cordaid South Sudan, Bishop Gassis Relief and Rehabilitation Foundation/ Diocese of Elobeid and Southern Sudan Government Accountancy Training Centre.
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia WASH Alliance, Culture and Arts Society of Ethiopia (CASE), OSSA Ethiopia, Center for Indigenous Questions (CIQ) and Association for Conservation of Culture.
- South Africa, Ghana and Nigeria: The Southern Africa Trust, Wereldkinderen, Cordaid, South Africa Cares and Give a Child a Family.
- United States of America (USA): The Christensen Fund, Natural Resources Governance Institute, Millennium Water Alliance, United States Africa Development Foundation, Equality Now and Mama Sarah Obama Foundation.
Impact of our work
Our services have enabled hundreds of our partners/ clients to amongst others:
- Realise, demonstrate and document results and experiences from their program work through improved planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning systems and practices.
- Achieve better learning through structured reflections and evaluations that we facilitated – such lessons were often factored into improving follow up programs/ general practice.
- Enhance their institutional capacities and practices,especially as regards people management, governance, systems, structures and sustainability (financial,organisational, program).
- Successfully undertake organisational repositioning (change) processes as well as realise general organisational growth and development as a result of our organisational development support.
- Establish and operate with clear strategic outlook based on set strategic and or business plans (which we facilitated and or accompanied them through).
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with various partners – both funding and (strategic) collaborators.
- Achieve better levels of compliance with legal/ statutory regulations, funding terms and conditions, as well as own policies and procedures.