OUR PROVEN TRACK RECORD
Strategic Connections operates largely in Africa, and has to date collaborated with and or offered services to over 500 development actors working across several African countries. We have also undertaken a few selected assignments in Europe.
We have to date facilitated/ undertaken assignments in various countries, amongst these Kenya, Sudan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, Malawi, South Sudan, South Africa, Ghana, Somaliland, the Netherlands, Rwanda, Myanmar, and Somalia just to name a few.
Below is a sampled list of some of the products and services (assignments) that we have facilitated over the past 10 years, and sample clients served under each:
- Carried out Program/ Project and Institutional Evaluations for amongst others Foundation for Civil Society Tanzania, KCDF, Akiba Uhaki Foundation, Allavida, Urgent Action Fund-Africa, BBC Media Action, SNV Tanzania, Dutch WASH Alliance, Danish Refugee Council, Kenya Airways, Trocaire, KEWASNET, Kenya WASH Alliance, Cordaid, Malawi Health Equity Network, PACIDA, ICCO, Impulsis, Edukans Foundation, World Servants, International Institute for Rural Reconstruction (IIRR), Skillshare International, Wereldkinderen.
- Undertook Baseline/ Scoping Studies for the World Bank, Embassy of Sweden/ SIDA, Green Forest Social Investment (GFSI), PACIDA, Farm Africa, SOS Netherlands, Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS),
- Provided Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) technical support, including development and operationalization of MEL systems for five local partners of ICCO in Kenya, Equality Now, Natural Resources Governance Institute, and 3 partners of Misereor. Separately offered MEL training to Urgent Action Fund Africa, Nosim Women Organization, Akiba Uhaki Foundation, Norwegian Church Aid, Allavida, Kenya WASH Alliance and Bethlehem Mission Immensee.
- Facilitated Strategic Plan Development the following: Urgent Action Fund-Africa, Millennium Water Alliance, Akiba Uhaki Foundation, World Vision Kenya, Foundation for Civil Society Tanzania, East Africa Association of Grantmakers (EAAG), IIRR, Uganda WASH Alliance, SANA International, Catholic Archdiocese of Kisumu, Konza City Development Authority, Kisumu Urban Apostolate Program, Horn of Africa Development Initiative, Ilkerin Loita Integral Development Program, Anglican Development Services Nakuru, Neighbours Initiative Alliance, Rural Agency for Community Development & Assistance (PACIDA), PeaceNet Trust, Kenya Association of People with Epilepsy (KAWE), SOS Children Villages Kenya, Good Hope Africa Ltd (Sudan), Actions for Development Programs (Tanzania), SADO Somalia and ASEP Somalia.
- Facilitated Strategy Reviews and or Organisational Repositioning for Oxfam, KCDF, Kenya WASH Alliance, Akiba Uhaki Foundation, HIVOS Kenya, Ethiopia WASH Alliance, Green Forest Investment Initiative, Institute of Orkoronei Pastoralist Association (IOPA) Tanzania, KUAP Pandipieri, Uganda WASH Alliance, NAPAD and, East Africa Portland Cement Ltd.
- Carried out Organisational Capacity Assessments and developed capacity development plans for 10 ActionAid International; 19 partners of Diakonia Kenya Country Office; 10 partners of CORDAID; 10 partners of Lilian Fonds; 20 Edukans Foundation partners; 2 partners of United States Africa Development Foundation (USDAF); and 30 partners of UNDP, UNICEF, UNFPA and WFP (in collaboration with PricewaterhouseCoopers). Others included Ormame (Tanzania), CERFORD (Uganda), KUAP Pandipieri, HIV Free Generation Kenya (HFG/K), Cheshire Disability Services Kenya, IIRR, and PACT Kenya.
- Facilitated a 1.5-year Capacity Development/ Training program for 10 Christensen Fund in partners across Kenya and Ethiopia. Previously facilitated a one year accompaniment based organisational development support for 10 partners of Cordaid in Kenya and 10 in Ethiopia.
- Offered Financial Management, Administration and OD Support strengthening support to amongst others Cordaid South Sudan, OSSA Ethiopia, ASAP Malawi, RACIDA, KUAP Pandipieri, IIRR, CooP-Africa, SANA International, Centre for Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE), Mildmay International, HIV Free Generation Kenya, All Saints Cathedral Nairobi, Anglican Development Services-Central Rift, Kenya Episcopal Conference, MID-Program, CODES, RACIDA, SADO–Somalia, Lokichoggio Peace Organization (LOPEO), Consortium of Cooperating Partners (COCOP), Lokori Micro Enterprise Development Scheme (LOMEDS), NAPAD-Somalia, PACIDA, Ormame Tanzania, Government of Southern Sudan and ASEP-Somalia
- Offered Fund Administration (support) services to amongst others the Christian Social Services Commission (Tanzania), Embassy of Sweden/ SIDA, KCDF, Farm Africa
- Undertook the General Training and Process Facilitation for amongst others Southern Sudan Government Accountancy Training Centre, Wilde Ganzen, SOS Kinderdorpen, International Child Support, Stichting Het Groene Woudt, Hivos Kenya, Southern Africa Trust, Lake Victoria Basin Commission, Oxfam Horn, East & Central Africa Regional Centre, Misereor, Dutch WASH Alliance and Allavida Kenya